The Advanced Concepts and Experimentation (ACE) Division is entry point for all new and emerging technology (to include Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations (JCTDs)) requiring DISA participation. ACE provides the technical management, project management, and transition expertise to demonstrate the military utility of mature technology solutions utilizing engineering best practices to expedite the delivery of these capabilities to the COCOMS and in line with DISA's Lines of Operations (LoO).
The major areas of influence and impact are:
- Command and Control and Information Sharing
- Operations and Assurance
- Enterprise Infrastructure
The Joint Capabilities Implementation Branch works closely with the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense's Rapid Fielding Directorate to provide engineering support in the development, implementation, and transition of emerging technologies and JCTDs that align with COCOM requirements and DISA's LoO.
The Experimentation and Outreach Branch works closely with the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense's Rapid Fielding Directorate and the COCOMs Science and Technology offices to coordinate and manage the development, implementation, and transition of emerging technologies and JCTDs that align with COCOM requirements and DISA's LoO. Additionally, it seeks to rapidly fulfill the combatant commands' emergent requirements by accelerating the discovery, development, and delivery of capability and concepts. This accelerated effort is focused on the sustainment of capabilities with an emphasis on those that are innovative, transformational, joint, and accessible across the strategic, operational, and tactical continuum. Participants can include potential federal, state, local, and Native American tribal mission partners.
- Conduct technical reconnaissance to identify and recommend innovative engineering techniques, technologies, and products that may be of use to DISA and the COCOMs.
- Implement quick reaction engineering constructs as proofs of concept to support the COCOMs and DISA's evolving technology strategies and provide technology insertion.
- Recommend an approval position on all technical standards developed within DISA.
- On behalf of the CTO, represent DISA at senior level technical exchanges, conferences, panels, etc.
- Provide hands-on training, mentoring and leadership for high potential technical talent for DISA.
- As a dual-hat assignment with TO1, senior staff provides expert consulting in assigned areas of computer science and engineering, and participation in developing technical strategy, consulting, and conducting technical reviews.