System/Database Administration (SA/DBA): Unisys technical support including, but not limited to, the following. DISA will:
- Tune the OS.
- Monitor system logs: DISA provides auditing services of operating system level log files via the Log Aggregation-Single Service Environment (LA-SSE) program. LA-SSE provides automated auditing and notification of events identified as warranting investigation per established cyber assurance threat signature patterns. Signature patterns and criticality of events are determined by DISA cyber assurance and DISA subject matter experts. LA-SSE provides capability for immediate notification as well as historical recaps of auditable events. Actionable events are escalated to the Global Service Desk monitoring views and routed to appropriate command and control (C2) groups for action. C2 assignees determine if an audit event warrants notification to the mission partner cyber assurance group for informational purposes and action. Historical notifications are routed to the DISA site security element for informational purposes and pattern/trending analysis.
- Install software and associated patches.
- Provide after-hours support for incidents and authorized service interruptions (ASIs).
- Configure and manage replication and/or cluster environment software.
- Provide performance management.
- Assist vendor as required during troubleshooting/hardware repair.
- Schedule backups for file systems.
- Coordinate with application/database/storage/web administration.
- Review backup reports daily.
- Manage file systems.
- Update technical leads and management on incidents or incident status.
- Work with service desk personnel.
- Manage and update assigned tickets (Information Technology Service Management. [ITSM]/Global Trouble Management System [GTMS]).
- Provide system and component information for data calls.
- Document and obtain approval for all changes.
- Develop/maintain system recovery plans.
- Coordinate with other support entities as required.
- Monitor production systems.
- Secure the OS.
- Manage privileged user accounts.
- Implement CyberCom Communications Tasking Order (CTO)/Fragmentary Order (FRAGO)/Information Operations Conditions (INFOCON) requirements.
- Resolve vulnerability scan results.
- Perform annual Security Readiness Reviews (SRRs).
- Participate in audits for partner/site accreditation.
Note: The DECCs can provide input for OS and "system" libraries/products security attributes but not application security attributes; the partner is responsible for the security of their "application."
- Create and update plan of action and milestones (POA&Ms).
- Manage user accounts at the OS level.
- Ensure admin/root passwords are changed/maintained.
- Manage certificates.
- Perform root cause analysis for problem management.
- DISA's DECCs benefit from the high level of physical security afforded by their location on military installations. DISA also provides a superior information assurance (IA) environment. In the transition to the DoD IA Risk Management Framework (DIARMF) certification and accreditation process, DISA has accepted Inherited Controls for a wide range of IA responsibilities and functions.
- This covers the communications infrastructure – the hardware, software, firmware, and labor – that allows our partners' users around the world to connect to the partners' data and DISA's computers. Once the request for information leaves the user's locale (i.e. base, office building, home, etc.), DISA will handle the traffic and expedite the response back to the user.
- These are the tools DISA uses to monitor the health and well-being of our partners' information systems and data and to manage problems when, or before, they occur. ESM software alerts DISA when conditions are favorable for problems to occur, so DISA can ensure the appropriate technicians are available to resolve any potential problems before they occur.
Level 2 Service Desk Support
- Storage in the Unisys computing environment consists of tape backup and the associated communication infrastructure. Unisys storage services are currently billed within one cumulative rate that includes disk and tape.
Assured Computing/IT Service Continuity:
- Our partners who purchase Unisys mainframe with unclassified processing will receive, at no additional charge, the use of a shared COOP processor at a remote site for disaster recovery. In addition, the storage infrastructure required for data replication and utilizing the Assured Computing Environment (ACE) will automatically be assigned to the partner for use at the recovery site. The normal charges for this storage service will apply. The end result is that our partners will be protected by the COOP/Service Continuity program through documented recovery procedures and pre-positioned infrastructure and will automatically gain access to the DISA COOP exercise program.
- Capacity reporting is used to monitor and validate system resource trends. DISA collects and retains this usage data to use in the analysis of current and projected resource consumption. With this information, decisions about system capacity changes can be made proactively and economically.
Available upon request and will be charged directly to our partners in addition to any costs associated with rate-based services. Optional features include:
- This feature applies to our partners' production information systems and databases, not to the processing environment's OS or other executive software. The application support function maintains production processing. Using instructions developed by technical support and Application Support, DISA manages database and application environments, including recovery procedures. Please note that Application Support does not include a subject matter expert (SME). The following list identifies some of the functions our technicians perform on the partners' behalf. Our partners may choose from the
- Install application software and associated patches
- After hours support for incidents and ASIs
- Assist vendors as required during troubleshooting
- Build, maintain, and monitor job schedules
- Resolve job abends and other application errors
- Coordinate with database/systems/storage/web administration
- Update technical leads and management of incident or incident status
- Configure and provide input on application structure and requirements
- Work with service desk personnel
- Manage and update assigned tickets
- Provide information for data calls
- Document and obtain approval for all changes
- Develop/maintain system recovery plans
- Coordinate with other support entities as required
- Monitor production systems
- Manage user accounts for workload/application support
- Perform root cause analysis for problem management
- Install new file transfers (ADRSS) using User Interface Agreements
- Participate in testing Financial Applications prior to production release
- Set up control cards for DFAS applications
Dedicated Unisys Mainframe:
- When our partner's application runs in a shared partition on a mainframe, the partner will be charged standard mainframe rates. If our partner requires an entire dedicated mainframe, that service will be a surcharge to compensate for the inefficiencies.
Classified COOP/Service Continuity