The Big Data Platform (BDP) is a secure, extensible, scalable, agile, and open infrastructure platform designed to support the intent of the DOD Big Data Strategy, which was created to guide DOD-wide enterprise big data efforts and initiatives. The BDP is designed to provide a distributed computing solution, based on open source technologies, that is capable of ingesting, storing, and visualizing multiple petabytes of data from a variety of sources. The installation of this solution has been automated to ensure it is simplistic, standardized, and secure. It acts as a common platform that can be used to support a variety of cyberspace missions and organizations across the DOD. The BDP provides the ability to perform aggregation, correlation, historical trending, and forensic analysis against structured and unstructured data from a variety of systems.
- Ability to support high velocity, volume, and variety of data ingest/ storage (multiple petabytes) for streaming and batch analytics.
- Data cataloging for cyber events, entities, assets, and object relationships.
- Robust Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) with extensive documentation for third party development and integration.
- Data presentation layer that allows for custom user-defined dashboards of widgets/applications.
- •Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) support and ability to support Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC) for user and data authorization and authentication.
Big Data Platform (BDP)
There is currently no cost to approved government users.
Terms of Reference