DOD Mobility Unclassified Capability (DMUC) is an enterprise service that allows government purchased Commercial Mobile Devices (CMD) access to:
- Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN)
- Defense Enterprise Email (DEE)
- Encrypted Email capability
- Access to hundreds of approved Apple and Android apps (Commercial & Government Off the Shelf)
Mission partners, consisting of organizations within the various Combatant Commands, Services, and Agencies and Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA) no longer need to develop, implement, and manage the technical infrastructure needed to connect their CMD to the network.
DMUC leverages the latest commercial technology from industry carriers like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile that support operating systems from vendors such as Apple, Android, and Windows. This infrastructure allows broad access to enterprise services like Defense Enterprise Email (DEE) and provides a seamless user experience between desktop and mobile environments.
Approved Mobile Devices
Please go to the DOD Mobility User Portal for status on new CMD approvals and Operating System updates.
Mobile Device Management
Mobile Device Management (MDM) capability provides the CMD and user level controls necessary to enforce security policies within and for the use of the mobile device. A majority of the MDM functionality is transparent to the user.
The MDM institutes policy, security, and permissions that define the functions enabled on the mobile device. This capability ensures that the security of the entire community is not compromised by an incorrectly configured device.
As DOD’s adoption of CMDs grow, enterprise management implemented via an MDM becomes necessary to ensure secure mobile device operation in a cost efficient manner.
Mobile Device Management Benefits:
- Provides the ability to enforce policy for end user devices at application and user levels by instituting end user permissions for approved functions on the mobile device.
- Supports malware detection, over-the-air (OTA) electronic software distribution of applications, remote data-wipe capabilities, remote device configuration management, and asset/property management capabilities that protect against key and data compromise.
- Secures, monitors, manages, and supports accredited mobile devices in a range of DOD environments.
The purpose of the enterprise MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.