DISA provides tailored engineering support and guidance that enables the DoD and U.S. Military Services to proactively plan, design, acquire, and operate spectrum-dependent systems compatibly in their intended electromagnetic environments. The primary focus is to provide spectrum support to the warfighter.
Recent ongoing projects include conducting analyses and delivering spectrum-related engineering solutions for the following:
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Low-Observable aircraft
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Goddard and Johnson Space Centers spectrum management
- Test and training ranges in Germany and the United States
- Ultra-High Frequency Emergency Network (UEN) for the Pentagon
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System/Multifunctional Information Distribution System (JTIDS/MIDS) tactical data systems used by over 30 countries allied with the United States
- STARLite tactical reconnaissance radar
- AEGIS cruiser radars
- Warfighter Information Network - Tactical (WIN-T).
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) development projects
- Army Counter Remote Control Improvised Explosive Device (RCIED) Electronic Warfare (CREW) systems
Value to Our Mission Partners
DISA provides tailored "fee for service" engineering support and guidance to enable the DoD, the Military Services, and other U.S. Government entities to proactively plan, design, acquire, and operate spectrum-dependent systems compatibly in their intended electromagnetic environment. In accordance with the provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 and DoD guidance, DISA also provides spectrum support to commercial wireless service providers who wish to locate their systems on Federal property.