DOD cloud consumers may seek support from the DISA Cloud Services Support office to fulfill their cloud service requirements. The DISA Cloud Services Support office uses the cloud service request form (CSR) to collect information from cloud consumers about their cloud service requirements and match the requirement with cloud provider capabilities.
If a mission need cannot be met by a cloud service offering (CSO) already in the catalog, the mission owner may request a new cloud service offering be assessed for supporting DOD missions and sponsor the DOD assessment.
Before submitting a request for a DOD assessment, the cloud service provider (CSP) should first complete the CSP-CSO Readiness Checklist. The checklist is intended to help a CSP perform a quick self- assessment of readiness to undergo formal DOD assessment of a cloud service offering for DOD information impact levels above 2. Refer to the DOD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG) for detailed requirements.
Next, the CSP or DOD sponsor should complete the DOD CSO Assessment Request form.
The CSP or DOD sponsor should submit the completed DOD CSO Assessment Request form and the CSP-CSO Readiness Checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cloud Support Services team will evaluate the submitted material. If the CSO is ready for assessment, the team will prioritize the request and schedule available resources for the assessment. These general guidelines are used to establish assessment priority.
- Top Priority: CSPs with a DOD sponsor and supporting a high priority DOD mission as recognized by a DOD chief information officer or J6 general officer. In the event multiple CSPs fall into this category, security assessment priority will align with Joint Chiefs of Staff priority order for the mission.
- CSP renewing an expiring provisional authorization and currently host DOD IT Projects
- CSP with a DOD sponsor with these prerequisites: (1) CSP has completed the FedRAMP process; (2) CSP has an existing contract; (3) CSP rate high on readiness checklist.
- CSP with DOD sponsor currently operating in a DOD private cloud scenario and has a second DOD sponsor seeking its services.
- CSP with a DOD sponsor not meeting the above conditions.
Least Priority: CSPs without a DOD sponsor, but have a capability aligned to a recognized DOD interest.