FOR MORE INFORMATION
Offutt AFB, NE
(402) 294-5761, DSN 271
The mission of the field office is to be the combat support agency's forward representative to the Combatant Commander responsible for providing direct support for net-centric solutions across the Global Information Grid in United States Strategic Command's (USSTRATCOM) operational mission areas of responsibility. STRATCOM mission areas include Strategic Deterrence, Nuclear Operations, Cyberspace Operations, Integrated Missile Defense, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance, Information Operations, and Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction to meet both deterrent and decisive national security objectives.
- Focal point for USSTRATCOM, Components, Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA), and Offutt AFB customer service.
- Advises USSTRATCOM on use of DISA-related systems and services.
- Provides USSTRATCOM with information technology planning and technical support.
- Supports enterprise and other application services, such as collaboration tools, command & control, and multi-national information sharing systems
- Provides the warfighters in theater with seamless, end-to-end, integrated information services that are flexible, interoperable, reliable, affordable and sustainable.
- Supports the implementation of GIG in the theater of responsibility as authorized by the Director DISA and in accordance with DISA Headquarters policy and procedures.
- Develops, exercises, and provides input to OPLANs to ensure DISA support in response to crises and major exercises.
- Coordinates USSTRATCOM initiatives and requirements within DISA.
- Coordinates DISA initiatives and requirements to USSTRATCOM and with others in the AOR, as appropriate.
- Provides theater management of DoD networks, standards, and security.
- Maintains close coordination with other DISA Field Commanders supporting those systems and circuits which traverse between AORs.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise with Information Assurance policy and training.
The Commander of DISA STRATCOM reports directly to and receives operational direction from the Principal Director for GIG Operations.