DISA 4th Estate Network Optimization Program scores high with migrated customers
By Apprill Walden
4th Estate Network Optimization Program
August 30, 2022
The Defense Information Systems Agency’s 4th Estate Network Optimization Program Office conducted a DODNet Post-Migration Survey, resulting in a 4.1 out of 5.0 overall satisfaction score among nearly 950 users who have been migrated to the newly modernized information technology network, DODNet.
The score was based on the level of communication before the migration, migration instructions, online resources available to users, required effort from the users, and support responsiveness. Three agencies, including DISA, reported that they were very satisfied with their migration process from beginning to end.
“We realize we were taking a huge chance to measure our success by surveying our customers after their migrations, but we really wanted to know how we’re doing and take an opportunity to hear from them … and we’re happy that they’re happy,” said Laura Herbertson, 4ENO program officer and DISA Endpoint Services & Customer Support division chief. “It speaks volumes that they were willing to participate in our post-migration survey and that they’re satisfied with our service and dedication to make their migration process as seamless as possible, without disruption.”
The program office began moving all 4th Estate Department of Defense components to a single service network in 2021, and these survey results signify a successful first year so far.
“We’re enabling our customers to better serve their missions with modernized technology—under one unified network—and we look forward to more positive feedback with future migrations,” Herbertson said.
Approximately 60 percent of the migrations were conducted remotely via a virtual private network while the other 40 percent were conducted on-site, all with little to no complications.
“I’m very impressed with 4ENO’s organization and execution for our global migration,” said Dr. Marilyn Lythgoe, IT chief information manager at the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency. “For the most part, it went as planned. When there were issues, team members jumped right on it and used every aspect of their talent and experience to make our migration a success. I am relieved at how well it went and love the agility and ease of the new network.”
For more information on upcoming migrations and other up-to-date news, visit 4ENO.
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to learn more about how DISA is strengthening the nation and warfighter communications.
Subscribe to receive the latest DISA news.
DISA: Trusted to Connect, Protect and Serve