Cindy E. Moran
Director, Network Services Directorate
FOR MORE INFORMATION
(301) 225-2000, DSN 327
As a directorate of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), the Network Services (NS) directorate consolidates all Defense Information System Network (DISN) activities under a single senior manager. Network Services translates customers' long-haul network requirements into effective voice, video and data network solutions; leverages proven and emerging technologies to ensure joint interoperability, assured security and best value; evaluates technical operations; and resolves technical support issues for DoD's long-haul networks.
Responsible for the global voice, video, messaging, and data Networks and strategic mission support that provide Information Superiority to the President, Combatant Commanders, Senior Leadership, Services, Agencies and Warfighters.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, sustaining, and evolving GIG networks, transport, special programs, and data, voice, messaging, and video networks.
- Responsible for NIPRNet, SIPRNet and IP Core Sustainment and Life Cycle Management, IPv6, Voice over IP, Network Information Center (NIC), and Network Operations Centers.
- Designs, tests, and implements enhancements to the DISN in support of the Global Information Grid initiatives as an enterprise solution for the DoD and Intelligence Communities.
- Performs analysis and laboratory evaluation of advanced technologies to support insertion into the DISN.
- Provides network management and systems engineering, implementation, and consolidation required by DISN DoD worldwide strategic and special purpose circuit switched networks.
- Responsible for planning, resourcing, implementing, sustaining, and evolving Standard Tactical Entry Point (STEP) sites for the Defense Satellite Communications System in support of networks, computing services applications, and information services.
- Provides management and technical assistance to DISN special projects and programs which include: DoD support to the direct communications links; deployment license sharing among federal, state, local, and foreign mission partners; DISN transition to the DISN Core; DISN provisioning policies and process.
- Provides life-cycle support for DISN data base systems; DISN access transport services.
- Manages DoD support to the US Secret Service and special support to the Joint Staff Office of Special Events.
- Manages the Anti-Drug Network (ADNET) Program in support of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Counternarcotics and other counter-narcoterrorism mission partners.
- Responsible for the sustainment of the Defense Message System (DMS), DoD's system of record for organizational messaging.