DISA Releases Strategic Plan for 2015-2020
DISA Director Air Force Lt Gen Ronnie Hawkins released the agency’s updated strategic plan June 16.
This version of the DISA Strategic Plan reiterates the agency’s mission and vision and also lays out an objective state:
Assured, scalable, managed access to services and data
In all environments
At the point of need
Provided from cost effective infrastructure and computing.
The plan spells out the operating principles and strategic goals that will shape and prioritize DISA’s efforts for the next five years. DISA, as the provider of choice for defensive cyberspace and IT combat support for the DOD, will:
- Focus on the global infrastructure of telecommunications and services delivery — comprised of a hybrid cyberspace ecosystem of mobile, collaboration, internal clouds, and commercial clouds.
- Synchronize command and control and senior leadership support to effectively streamline decision making within all echelons of National and DOD leadership.
- Enable warfighter capabilities from a sovereign cyberspace domain, focused on speed, agility, and access.
- Reduce costs by eliminating duplication in production and operations.
The strategic plan also includes the chief technology officer’s outlook and a technology watchlist - “a set of key technology areas that are most critical for DISA to understand, acquire, and evolve over the next five years.” The technologies are:
- Computing and Storage.
- Unified Capabilities.
- Mobility Devices and Applications.
- Network Operations.
In the document, Hawkins states DISA will “be aggressive in our pursuit of efficiency and effectiveness, and no longer support the operations of legacy and costly applications without senior leadership’s approval and direction.”
“This agency will remain in step with, or ahead of, our mission partners and proactively evolve capability requirements to meet operational needs,” he declares.
The DISA Strategic Plan 2015-2020 is available to agency employees, mission and industry partners, and the general public at http://disa.mil/~/media/Files/DISA/About/Strategic-Plan.pdf.
Published June 16, 2015