FOR MORE INFORMATION
(305) 437-1671, DSN 567
Fax (305) 437-1878, DSN 567
The DISA Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) Field Office has the primary responsibility to support the Commander, United States Southern Command, the Command’s Service Components, and Subordinate Organizations by providing local management of the DISA assigned portion of the GIG. The Field Office ensures the viability of DISA systems and that the DISN backbone is responsive and sized to meet the Combatant Commander’s requirements.
DISA SOUTHCOM is the single DISA voice in Southern Command's AOR.
DISA SOUTHCOM provides the single point of entry for Combatant Command customers for all DISA service requirements. As such it:
- Ensures situational awareness of the pertinent portions of the Global Information Grid (GIG)
- Maintains 24/7 on-call support for outage reporting and response
- Assists in troubleshooting and restoration of DISN services
- Provides operational and exercise planning and support
- Supports implementation and installation of DISN services
- Executes Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) of DISA equipment
- Supports enterprise and other application services, such as collaboration tools, command & control, and multi-national information sharing systems
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise with Information Assurance policy and training
The Commander of DISA SOUTHCOM reports directly to and receives operational direction from the DISA Principal Director for Operations