5 Things you should know about the updated DD Form 2875
Customer Communication Branch
Office of Strategic Communication and Public Affairs
July 6, 2022
DISA recently worked with Washington Headquarters Services and the Office of Management and Budget to update and release a new edition of the DD Form 2875, an adoptable form that can be used to request and adjudicate system authorization and access requests across the Department of Defense.
1. The DD Form 2875 is an adoptable form.
As an adoptable form, the DD Form 2875, can be used to request and adjudicate system authorization and access requests across the Department of Defense.
2. DISA is the office of primary responsibility for the DD Form 2875.
DISA serves as the office of primary responsibility, or OPR, for the DD Form 2875, managing all updates and coordinating with both DOD and federal entities to ensure that the form is approved for DOD-wide use.
3. An updated version of the DD Form 2875 is now available.
DISA recently worked with Washington Headquarters Services and the Office of Management and Budget to update and release the new edition of the form dated May 2022. The updated DD Form 2875 is now available for use and is the only edition that should be used across the Department of Defense. All other editions are obsolete.
Here are the significant updates to the form:
- In accordance with DOD Instruction 5200.48, references to “For Official Use Only” were replaced with “Controlled Unclassified Information.”
- In block 19 of the form “Information Assurance Officer” was changed to “Information Systems Security Officer,” as the responsibility for ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances and access authorization is assigned to the ISSO in accordance with DOD Instruction 8500.01, “Cybersecurity.”
- Blocks 22b and 22c are two new fields to identify if the user is enrolled in the Continuous Evaluation Deferred Investigation Program and said enrollment date. This is part of the background investigation and clearance validation process and aligns with DOD Manual 5200.02, “Continuous Evaluation Program.”
- Block 22d was changed from “Clearance Level” to “Access Level.” Access level refers to the access determination made based on the user’s individual need for access to classified information to perform official duties, a determination that is distinct from the user’s eligibility determination.
4. The DD Form 2875 should not be altered.
Over the years organizations and programs have amended the DD Form 2875 for their specific use. However, changes to this form are strictly prohibited. As a DOD-level form, the DD Form 2875 must remain standardized and usable across the entire department. Non-DISA components needing to request specific information to access a system, should develop component-level forms that meet their requirements.
5. The Enterprise Security Posture System/System Access Management application has been enhanced.
With the release of the May 2022 version of the DD Form 2875, the Enterprise Security Posture System/System Access Management application, also known as ESPS/SAM, that automates the DD Form 2875 process for system authorization access requests has also undergone updates.
As a result of these updates:
- Customers will be directed to the DOD Forms website to retrieve and complete the DD Form 2875.
- Program/application-specific DD Form 2875 templates, unauthorized forms, have been removed.
- A program/application-specific access request addendum may be required.
- The single upload limit has been removed, giving customers the option for more than one upload.
- Users will only see changes to the available fields if applicable to their roles.
For questions about the form, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to learn more about how DISA is strengthening the nation and warfighter communications.
Subscribe to receive the latest DISA news.
DISA: Trusted to Connect, Protect and Serve