DISA DOD Network Information Center (NIC) operates G.root-servers.net, one of the thirteen logical Internet Root name servers. DISA DOD NIC cooperates with the eleven other Root Server Operators to provide authoritative data for the DNS Root Zone.
The G-Root DNS system operates at:
- IPv4 address 188.8.131.52 from the range 184.108.40.206/24
- IPv6 address 2001:500:12::d0d from the range 2001:500:12::/48
These ranges are announced from AS5927.
More about G-Root:
- G.Root-servers.net uses BIND9 from Internet Systems Consortium.
- G-Root RSSAC measurements
- Locations: Columbus, Ohio, US; Stuttgart-Vaihingen, DE; Naples, IT; Fussa, JP; Honolulu, Hawaii, US; San Antonio, Texas, US
- 2008 Anycast implemented for G-Root at six locations.
- 2012 A tech refresh was performed for all G-root locations.
- 2013 Connections to all six G-Root locations were upgraded.
- October 2016 The IPv6 address was added for G-Root.
- 2018 Upcoming tech refresh for G-Root locations.