Lines of Effort
Connect to Mission | Gain the Edge | Recruit the Best
Workforce 2025 Main Page
You want to diversify your job skills and participate in trainings you know will make you a better employee, but you don’t have the time. You believe you can benefit from a specific course or two on how to operate new, AI-powered software – but you don’t have the time!
Technology evolves quickly, and DISA employees have to keep up. To ensure our agency is best positioned to be the trusted provider to connect and protect the warfighter in cyberspace, Workforce 2025 defines and prioritizes the skills and equipment personnel need to accomplish our combat support mission.
"Workforce 2025 is, at its heart, a strategy designed to enhance the skills and talents of current employees while ensuring DISA onboards new talent and invests in the professional development of both throughout their careers. The goal of the strategy is to lay a foundation for employee success that sets the standard for excellence for years to come."
– Lt. Gen. Robert J. Skinner, director of the Defense Information Systems Agency
Key Initiatives and tools
• Establish dedicated training “downtime” for all DISA employees.
• Host informal rotations into functional areas to allow employees to learn new and specific skills.
• Develop a structured agency placement process to quickly leverage skills gained by employee participation in advanced leadership development programs.
• Track talent investment via a modernized Learning Management System.
Every DISA employee is an informed and well-trained critical thinker. With a robust network of colleagues and professionals across DISA’s global field commands and other DOD entities, providing a diverse set of skills, experiences and training under their belts — employees flex easily to meet mission requirements and adapt to the rapidly changing global and national security landscape.